This will be a quick on how to root Micromax A73 plus Clockwork mod and custom rom. We will take you step by step in rooting your device, then moving on to installing clockwork mod recovery, and finally learning how to install custom roms on your device. By the end of the tutorial you should be able to do all of the three things mentioned above. For any further help visit the original thread here.
*Android SDK Installed
Step 1: Rooting Micromax A73
1. Download and install drivers from official micromax superfone website. download
2. Download Unlock Root for windows. download
3. Now switch on USB debugging mode in Settings>Applications>Development
4.Now connect your A73 to PC and click the big Root button on Unlock Root program.
5. Select the device when prompted.
6. You are rooted!! now you are good to go.
Step 2: Flashing clockworkmod recovery
1. Download and install ROM Manager app from the play store.
2. Now download and install recovery file from download
credits: Beerzar from Thailand and Shahabazas from India.
3. Copy recovery.img file to your sdcard. (Do not copy to any subfolders.)
4. Switch off USB storage mode
5. Download cyanogen-files.carneeki.net/flash_image.zip and extract it to C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools
6. Click start and type cmd. Hit enter. (make sure you’ve connected your phone to PC and USB debugging is on.)
cd C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools
adb push flash_image /sdcard/
mount -o remount,exec /dev/block//vold/179:1 /sdcard
./flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
8. Now you have flashed your clockworkmod recovery to Micromax A73.
Step 3: Installing custom ROM
1. Download custom ROM (Cyano, MIUI or anything..)
2. Copy it to your sdcard
3. Open ROM Manager and select Install ROM from sdcard and browse for it
5. Then install the ROM
6. Make sure you’ve backed up your current ROM or I’ll upload my backup if anyone wants..
* I’m not responsible for any kind of damage caused by above guide.
* Give a thanks if it is helpful to you.