If your current software version is GWK74, you will receive a network notification for the IMM76D software update. The update process will be performed OTA (Over the Air). It may take several minutes to complete.
Software Update (IMM76D) Fixes and Enhancements
Operating System update from Gingerbread 2.3.4 to Ice Cream Sandwich 4.04
- Updated User Interface
- Home screen folders and favorites tray
- Widgets listed under applications drawer
- Data usage management
- Camera/Camcorder enhancements
- Android Beam for NFC-based sharing
Fixes and Enhancements
- MMS fixes
- Camera fixes
- Google Wallet/Shopper
Check the Software Version on your Mobile Device
- Touch the Applications icon.
- Scroll to and touch the Settings icon.
- Touch System settings >About phone
- The current software is listed under Baseband version and Build number.
- Your battery should be fully charged before starting the software update. Do not remove the battery during the update process.
- The software update requires a reboot on your mobile device.
- You will not be able to make any calls, including emergency calls, during the software update process.
- Software updates are available OTA (Over the Air) and are ‘pushed’ to devices in stages. Mobile device selection is random.
Instruction by Samsung Mobile posted here